Help Build Hope - Community Outreach
What: In partnership with CrossRoads Missions*, we will build a house to make a difference for a local family! Christ’s Church will provide materials, volunteers, and our parking lot and the result – a completed house - will be given to Habijax to be used in their ministry with families in their program.
When: Friday, June 15-Sunday, June 17, 2018
Where: Christ’s Church – Mandarin Campus / 6045 Greenland Rd (gather in Mandarin Room, build in parking lot)
Why: The demand for safe, secure and affordable housing is enormous. It’s hard to believe, but even in the United States almost two million people live with a hole in their roof, 3.7 million live with broken windows and 2.5 million live in a house where the foundation is literally crumbling beneath them. Just over one million people live without complete plumbing facilities. Many families live in substandard housing. One of the best strategies to prevent homelessness and eliminate poverty is to provide affordable housing.
All ages are welcome and needed for success!
Friday, June 15th
- 4-6 greeters/servers - Help with registration, check in and dinner serving – 3pm – 6pm
- 8-12 skilled in measuring, cutting, and setup for Saturday build – 4pm-8pm
- 8-12 to retrieve supplies and assist those cutting – 4-8pm
Saturday, June 16th
- 6-8 greeters/sign in volunteers – Help with greeting, check in, permission waivers & hospitality – 6:30am-9am
- 2 hospitality volunteers – help with inside hospitality & inside cleanup - 9am -11am
- 100 volunteers to build – 7am-12pm
Sunday, June 17th
- 6 volunteers before/after each service to assist those visiting the built house to write prayers and/or offer prayer
- 2 volunteers 9:00-9:30; 2 volunteers 10:30 – 11:00; 2 volunteers 12:15-12:30
- 20 volunteers to disassemble house and load into truck
To help or with questions – contact Leigh Ann Luttrell, Local Outreach 886-3964 or LeighAnnL@Christs.Church
*CrossRoads Missions is one of our Christ’s Church strategic global partners. Their mission is to remove barriers between people and a meaningful impact on Missions by providing powerful community outreach and missions opportunities that would otherwise by difficult to access. They do this through a variety of programs, including Help Build Hope (HBH).